Hellsgate Fire Department took delivery of their new CustomFIRE pumper from RedSky Fire Apparatus shortly after the Desert Southwest (AZ Chiefs) Conference. The pumper was ordered in mid-May, custom designed and built to order, and arrived in Arizona in late July — just in time for the Conference. Chief Gary Hatch and the apparatus committee designed an outstanding configuration including a Spartan Gladiator with a 525 horsepower Cat C13 engine and an Allison 4000 EVS transmission. The firefighting system includes:
- Waterous CSUC20 1500 gpm pump
- 700 gallon water tank / 30 gallon foam cell
- FRC Pump Boss pressure governor
- FoamPro 2001 foam proportioning system
- Custom designed pump panel w/ angled gauge panel
- Stainless steel plumbing
- Suctions: PS 6”, DS 6” and 2.5”
- Discharges: PS 2.5 and LDH, rear 2.5”, two DS 2.5” discharges, top-mount deluge
- 2 stacked speedlays w/ removable alum. cartridges
- Front bumper discharge with hosewell for 150’ of 1.75” hose
- Deluge pipe for deck gun
Full specs are available from Tom Harley at email@example.com. It’s currently going through final pre-delivery inspection before heading into the White Mountains to be put in service.
Many thanks to Chief Gary Hatch and Hellsgate Fire Department for their confidence and business.